What You Need To Know About Wildlife Control In Albany
November 15, 2022 - Wildlife
If you're a resident of Albany, you're likely to come into contact with some form of wildlife at some point. While many animals are harmless, there are a few that can cause problems for homeowners and businesses. We'll discuss the dangers that nuisance wildlife can pose and offer simple tips for preventing them from entering your property. We'll also take a look at the wildlife control services offered by Absolute Pest Control, your go-to for pest control in Albany.
The Problematic Wildlife You Could Encounter In Albany
There are a number of animals that you might encounter in Albany that could cause problems. Some of the most common Albany pests include:
Any of these animals have the potential to cause problems if they enter your home or business. If you're having trouble with these animals on your property, it's best to contact a professional in wildlife removal near you.
The Dangers Nuisance Wildlife Brings To Your Property
While some wildlife is simply a nuisance, others can pose a serious threat to your property. Some of the dangers that different wildlife can cause include:
- Chewing through electrical wires, which can lead to fires: Squirrels, raccoons, and rats are all known to chew through electrical wires. This can create a fire hazard for your home or business.
- Damaging insulation: Bats and raccoons often nest in attics and can damage the insulation in your home. This not only leads to higher energy bills, but it can also create a health hazard.
- Scattering trash: Raccoons are known for going through trash cans and scattering the contents. This can attract other animals and create an unsightly mess.
- Spreading disease: Bats, raccoons, and skunks can all carry rabies. This is a serious disease that can be dangerous to humans and pets if not treated promptly.
In order to prevent these problems, it's important to contact an Albany wildlife management expert when you have a nuisance wildlife issue on your property.
Eight Simple Wildlife Prevention Tips
There are a number of simple steps you can take to prevent wildlife from entering your property, such as:
- Securing trash cans: Make sure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids to prevent animals from getting into them.
- Repairing holes: Inspect your Albany home or business for any holes that animals could use to get inside. These should be repaired promptly.
- Screening vents: Make sure all of the vents on your property are properly screened to keep animals out.
- Removing food sources: Keep pet food and bird seed inside to prevent animals from being attracted to your property.
- Trimming trees: Trees should be trimmed away from the sides of your home or business to prevent animals from using them as a bridge to get onto your roof.
- Keeping yards clean: Yards should be free of debris and overgrown vegetation to prevent animals from using them as a hiding place.
- Eliminating water sources: Standing water provides animals with a place to drink. Eliminate all sources of standing water on your property, such as birdbaths and kiddie pools.
- Installing a fence: A fence can be an effective barrier to keep animals out of your yard.
If you're concerned about the wildlife on your property, Absolute Pest Control offers professional wildlife removal services that can help. Contact us today for a free inspection.
Wildlife Prevention Services In Albany
When wild animals become an issue on your Albany property, it's time to call in the local wildlife control experts. Absolute Pest Control offers a variety of services to help you remove animals from your property and keep them out for good. We are proud to be one of the most experienced and knowledgeable nuisance wildlife removal services in the area. For more than 30 years, we've been helping homeowners and businesses solve their wildlife problems promptly and safely.
If you're dealing with a wildlife issue, contact Absolute Pest Control today to get started and learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Albany. We'll be happy to come out to your property and assess the situation with a free inspection.